HRDF SBL Claimable
All Public and Corporate Training Workshops conducted by WHYEXCEL PLT are eligible for HRDF claims under the Skim Bantuan Latihan (SBL) Scheme, subject to prior application to HRDF by the employers/companies.
The Skim Bantuan Latihan (SBL) Scheme
Skim Bantuan Latihan (SBL), is the main scheme under Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF). Under this scheme, employers are free to identify their own training needs and to implement their training programmes to retrain and upgrade their employees’ skills in line with their operational and business requirements. SBL is offered based on these fundamental guidelines such as:-
- HRDF provide specialized training grant as an incentive for employers to retrain and upgrade workers’ skills, in line with the needs of their business requirement. Training grant is not a subsidy for training;
- Under SBL Scheme, employers are to identify their workers’ training needs and obliged to pay fully the training programme; and
- For programmes under the SBL Scheme, prior approvals must be obtained from HRDF. Reimbursement of allowable training costs is based on the rate of financial assistance as determined by HRDF from time to time. Payment is based on EMPLOYER CLAIM.
Eligibility Requirements For Employers
All registered employers with HRDF and has paid the levy for the first month of registration is liable to apply for the training grant, subjected to the existing rate of financial assistance and terms and conditions.
- Login and Launch eTRiS
- Click on 'Application'
- Select from menu ‘Grant’ >’Apply Grant’
- Select SBL from menu 'Scheme Code' > 'Apply'
- Then fill up the form accordingly.
- For detailed instructions kindly download User Guide (External) and go to Section 6 Grant Application with Scheme Code: SBL
Training Grant Claims
Training Grant claims and reimbursement of allowable costs will be paid upon submission of the claim form by the employers after the completion of the training programme. It is submitted by using the online claim form of which can be obtained from HRDF officers or HRDF website. To avoid any delays in processing claims, employers should ensure that the form is complete and correct. Relevant receipts must also be included. All copies of receipts or supporting documents must be certified by the employer.
- Login to HRDF Portal and launch eTRiS
- Click on 'Application' icon
- Select from menu, click on 'Claim'
- Choose either you want to 'Submit Claims with Grants' or 'Submit Other Claims'
- Please fill in the online form together with the supporting document, then click on 'Submit' button
- Go to www.hrdf.com.my/DigiGov to start claim.
The claim form must be signed by an authorized officer from the employer’s side or any officer holding the post as specified in the claim form. Claims must be submitted upon completion of training and all costs have been paid. The claim form must be submitted no later than June 30 the next year.
Payment will not be made if the trainees did not attend the full training programme. A trainee is deemed to have completed the training programme if he had followed at least 75% of them and takes all the examinations / tests, if needed.
Cheque or credit statement (E-disbursement) will be posted to employers. The statement for each calculation/payment will be given as well for reference.
HRDF Allowable Costs
For more details, download HRDF Allowable Cost Matrix.
The information here is served as quick reference. Please visit HRDF for latest HRDF SBL news and updates.